Monday, November 15, 2010

8 miles!


So here it comes, my first running post. Thanks to Caitlin, we’ve gone running these past two weekends for 8 miles. My first thought: I survived, although it seems that I’m not allowed to say I am not a runner anymore. So far it’s very interesting to see the changes from one day to the next, in terms of both speed and distance. Improvements appear to happen in big leaps, instead of a more gradual progression. Right now I’m trying to figure out a balance between speed and the distance I can go without slowing down too much. It doesn’t sound so hard but lately every time I run I start going faster for no evident reason without noticing it, which makes it a little more challenging. Also, I am so far unable to determine the distance that I have gone, overestimating it by a lot. By now I think its safe to say I am enjoying it as I keep coming up with new challenges each week. I can’t wait for Disney and to see what my body will come up with this weekend for my first 10 miles!

DM

2 comments:

  1. GO DANIELA! GO! TOPPEL AND LILI LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed Demon! You'll be running a mini and full marathon in no time!

    ReplyDelete